WIN YOUR LEASE FOR A YEAR!
2) The Contest is open to students and recent graduates (graduated up to 2 years from the Contest Eligibility Period) residing in Canada excluding Quebec who has reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence as of the date that he/she enters the Contest. Excluded are employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, those of their advertising and promotion agencies, those of the suppliers of prizes, equipment and services pertaining to this Contest and those of any other stakeholder directly linked with the running of this Contest as well as their immediate family members. For the purposes of these rules, “immediate family” means father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law partner, and all individuals with whom those employees, agents and representatives reside. Current leases cannot be transferred over to anyone to win a new lease.
How to enter
3) No purchase required. Only one entry per person is permitted. To enter the draw, each entrant must, between January 19th, 2021 and March 31st, 2021 (“Contest Eligibility Period”):
a. sign a new one-year lease starting September 1st 2021 for an Envie unit at Envie Little Italy & Rideau locations as listed on our website; or
b. attend a virtual tour by registering at this link. Virtual tours are facilitated using video calls (Zoom, WhatsApp, Facetime).
Once these actions are completed (a or b), participant will need to fill an entry ballot to officialise the entry.
4) Subject the terms of the Rules, the Contest provides to the declared winner:
a. A twelve months’ free rent for an Envie unit leased by the winner, beginning September 1st, 2021, provided that the twelve month’s rent (and all applicable taxes) for the Envie unit is less than 21,000 CAD or
b. 21,000 CAD of paid rent inclusive of taxes for an Envie unit leased by the winner, beginning September 1st, 2021, provided that the twelve month’s rent (and all applicable taxes) for the Envie unit is more than 21,000 CAD. (hereinafter, the “Prize”).
5) The Prize is not transferrable and has no cash value (the prize cannot be redeemed for cash). At the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers, the Prize may be applied to another Envie unit of the same value as or greater value than the Envie unit leased by the winner.
6) In the case the winner has not signed a lease by the end of the Contest Eligibility Period, the Contest Organizers shall determine, at its sole discretion, an Envie unit for the Prize, including the room type and location as further described herein.
7) Anything not specifically mentioned as included in the Prize is excluded and is at the winners’ expense.
7) On April 1st, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. EST in Ottawa, Ontario at the Contest Organizers’ office, an entry ballot will be drawn at random from all ballots collected during the Contest Eligibility Period for awarding the Prize, as described above. The odds of an entrant’s registration being selected at random depend on the number of registrations.
9) The winner will be contacted by phone and email by the Contest Organizers within 14 days of the random selection. If, after 14 days, the efforts to reach the winner are unsuccessful, a new entry ballot will be drawn at random.
10) To be awarded the Prize, the winner will have to:
a. provide proof of identification to the satisfaction of the Contest Organizers;
b. where applicable, accept the Prize to be applied to the Envie unit leased by the winner, if the winner has signed the lease during the Contest Eligibility Period;
c. where applicable, enter into a lease agreement for the Prize, if the winner has not signed a lease agreement during the Contest Eligibility Period, for an Envie unit, as solely determined by the Contest Organizers, including the room type and location, for a minimum of 12 months with the aim of moving in on September 1st 2021. Entering into a lease agreement includes submitting a lease application that must be accepted by the Contest Organizers, in keeping with the previously established criteria for accepting a lease application, and must be signed by both parties;
d. sign a Declaration and Waiver of Liability Form (hereinafter the “Declaration Form”) that will be provided and return it to the Contest Organizers, either in person, by fax or by e-mail, no later than 15 days after reception; and
e. correctly answer, without assistance and within a time limit, the mathematical question on the Declaration Form sent by the Contest Organizers.
f. Where, the entrant selected for winner fails to comply with the Rules including the requirements for awarding the Prize, as determined by the Contest Organizers, acting reasonably, the entrant loses all rights to participate in the Contest and the Prize and a new selection for the Prize will be made in keeping with these Rules, by random draw from among all entrants, until one entrant is selected and declared the winner. For clarity, if the selected winner is an entrant who has not signed a lease agreement during the Contest Eligibility Period and refuses to enter into a lease agreement as required, the entrant loses all rights and interest in the Contest and Prize.
12) Verification. Entries, if any, are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any entry that is, as the case may be, incomplete, incomprehensible, inaudible, illegible, fraudulent, late or otherwise non-compliant will be automatically rejected and will not entitle the entrant to a registration or a Prize.
13) Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any person entering or attempting to enter this Contest by a method that is against these Rules or unfair towards the other entrants. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agrees to be bound by these Rules. Failure to meet any of the conditions of the Rules will result in the selected person’s entry being cancelled, at the reasonable discretion of Contest Organizers.
14) Non-compliance/ineligibility. Any entrant who may be declared a winner in this Contest and fails to meet these eligibility requirements including the requirements for awarding the Prize will automatically be disqualified, and another selection will be made in order to select a winner, as determined by the Contest Organizers acting reasonably. Any declared winner who does not meet these eligibility requirements will have to inform the Contest Organizers as soon as he/she is contacted.
15) Acceptance of the prize. Any Prize will have to be accepted as described in these Rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in part or in whole for money.
16) Non-acceptance of a prize. A person selected in keeping with these Rules who declines to accept a Prize in keeping with the terms of these Rules releases the Contest Organizers from all obligations towards that person in relation to that Prize.
17) Limit of liability/use of the prize. All entrants, including the selected winner releases the Contest Organizers, their respective affiliates and divisions, and all other corporations in their respective groups, their advertising and promotion agencies, their shareholders, administrators, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereafter the “Beneficiaries”) from any obligation in relation to any damage that may result from accepting or using the Prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to receiving his/her Prize, any person selected undertakes to sign the Declaration Form to that effect,.
18) Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to, at their sole discretion, cancel, end, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part in the event that an error or any human intervention occurs that may corrupt or impact the administration, security, impartiality or running of the Contest as set out in these Rules.
19) Inability to act/labour dispute. The Contest Organizers will assume no responsibility or liability of any nature or kind whatsoever in all cases where their inability to act would result from a fact or situation beyond their control (earthquake, war, act of terrorism, accidental fire, flood, storm, riot, insurrection, grass-roots movement, fire or any other case of force majeure) or from a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their establishments.
20) Limit of liability/entry. By entering this Contest, the winner releases the Contest Organizers from all liability for any damages that he/she may suffer due to entering or attempting to enter the Contest.
21) Authorization. By entering this Contest, any person who wins authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, image, statement relating to the prize, place of residence, and/or voice, without any compensation, at the Contest Organizers’ discretion and with no limit with respect to the period of use, in any media and globally, for advertising purposes or any other purpose deemed relevant. A statement to that effect will be included in the Declaration and Waiver of Liability Form.
23) Unenforceable paragraph. If a paragraph in these Rules is declared or found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, unenforceable or void, then that paragraph will be considered void, but all other paragraphs that are not affected will be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
24) Jurisdiction. This Contest is subject to all applicable municipal, provincial and federal legislation and regulations except for the province of Quebec.