Are the Offices still open?
Are the common spaces still accessible?
Are there any additional health and safety protocols in place?
Housekeeping staff wear masks and gloves when entering suites for cleanings. Infection control protocols have been implemented according to standards established by our Health Professionals at Choo Communities’ properties – these include disinfection procedures, scheduling and proper usage of approved PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
Will property tours still take place?
What are my rent payment options?
Where to get tested for COVID-19?
Symptoms of COVID-19 can vary from person to person. Symptoms may also vary in different age groups. Some of the more commonly reported symptoms include:
- new or worsening cough
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- temperature equal to or over 38°C
- feeling feverish
- fatigue or weakness
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of smell or taste
- gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting)
- feeling very unwell
What if I test positive for COVID-19?
Is there anything else I can do to prevent COVID-19?
- Continue to follow Government Mandated guidelines.
- Remember to wear your mask – it is mandatory in all common areas of the building
- Continue to social distance – distancing yourself from others by at least 6 feet is the best way of limiting exposure and preventing a spread of the virus.
- Avoid gathering in groups including spaces where multiple residents gather such as the lobby, elevators, penthouse, and study rooms.
- Avoid having guests over in your apartment – the fewer visitors that enter our building means lowering the risk of exposure for others.
Sources of Information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Ottawa Public Health: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/novel-coronavirus.aspx?_mid_=32064
- Government of Canada: canada.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Canada Coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397
- Government of Ontario: ontario.ca/coronavirus (website updated daily at 10:30 a.m.)
- Government of Ontario 24/7 help by phone : 1-866-797-0000
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000 (free, confidential health advice or information from a registered 24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- COVID-19 self-assessment tool for Canadians: https://ca.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Canada COVID-19 Financial Assistance: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html
How do I know that Envie is for me?
If you are looking for modern furnished suites at an affordable price, an amazing location, and a quick transport to two major Ottawa universities, then Envie is the place for you!
Where is Envie located?
Envie is in one of the most beautiful districts in Ottawa – Little Italy. With pizza, pasta, and gelato at virtually every corner, plus vegan and ethnic cuisine, this lively neighbourhood is a foodie’s dream. You’ll also find a variety of activities at nearby Dow’s Lake, from paddling in the summer to skating in the winter.
I have disability or medical condition and need special accommodations.
Any resident who needs an accommodation should notify us as soon as possible so that we can make you comfortable in your new home.
Do I need to have a roommate before I move in?
Can I request a specific roommate?
Do I need a deposit?
How am I billed for my rent?
Are the suites co-ed?
When can I move in?
Can I smoke in my room?
Can I have a pet?
Are the suites furnished?
Yes, each suite comes fully furnished. The living room comes with a sofa or sectional, a side table, and a large flat screen TV. The eat-in kitchen is fully equipped with stainless steel appliances (including refrigerator, oven, microwave, and dishwasher), table, bench, and chairs. The bedrooms come furnished with a double bed or single bed + mattress, nightstand, a desk, and a chair. Each suite includes a washing machine and dryer.
Do I need to bring cutlery, dishes, pots, and pans?
Is there security in the building?
Yes. Envie is equipped with high definition cameras. They cover the parking areas, all common areas, and the exterior of the building. Front desk staff are also on-site 7am to 11pm and professional security on staff between 11pm to 7am.
What do room rates cover?
Envie’s rates include hydro, gas, water, internet, maintenance, and WIFI. Any additional items such as a landline, ethernet or cable in the suite is extra.